(Please note – Davis Farmland is no longer available.)
The Southborough Library is a source for lifelong learning – and a great way to learn is to visit local museums and historical sites. Our Friends of the Library and Southborough Gardeners fund passes to over a dozen places to explore; we are so fortunate. Thank you, Friends!
We offer free or reduced price passes to the following museums (click on the name of the Museum or attraction to learn more about the destination):
- Boston Children’s Museum
- Discovery Museums Acton
- EcoTarium, Worcester, MA
- Fruitlands, Harvard, MA (Seasonal)
- Higgins Armory Museum, Worcester, MA
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston, MA
- Massachusetts State Parks Pass
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
- Museum of Science, Boston, MA
- Mystic Aquarium, Mystic, CT
- New England Aquarium, Boston, MA (Passes not available for July & August)
- Roger Williams Zoo, Providence, RI
- Tower Hill Botanic Garden, Boylston, MA
- Worcester Art Museum
You may also reserve passes at the library or by calling 508-485-5031. Passes offer free or reduced price admission to the museum. Special exhibits are usually not included. Please note:
- All Library fines over $10.00 must be paid before a pass can be reserved or checked out.
- A valid CWMARS Library Network card is required to reserve a pass.
- Passes may be reserved by Southborough residents. If you are from out of town, you may request a library pass if it is available on the day that you plan to use it. Call or visit the library to reserve.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the use of one pass per day per family.
Passes may be reserved up to 30 days in advance.
You can reserve museum passes from the comfort of your own home. All you need is your Library Card and PIN number (this is your password).
Go to the museum pass reservation site.
- Use the dropdown menu or calendar to find the date (up to 30 days in advance) that you’d like to reserve the pass.
- Click next to the name of the museum pass you want to reserve.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and make sure you see the page that says “Your Pass Reservation is complete.” at the end of the reservation process.
Pick up passes at the front desk.
- Passes may be picked up on the day of your visit or one day before during regular library hours. Please check library hours.
- If you reserve a pass and your plans change, please call the library before 10:30 A.M. on the date of your reservation so the pass can be used by another patron.
Laminated passes are due on the day used or before 10:00 A.M. the day after use. Passes returned when the library is not open may be returned in the book drop if placed in an envelope. Library staff will provide you with an envelope for book drop returns when you check out the pass.
- The pass must be returned to the Southborough Public Library.
- The overdue fine for laminated passes is $5 per day. The replacement fee is dependent on which location’s pass you have borrowed.
Canceling a pass
Please cancel your reservation if you cannot use the pass at the reserved time. Museum pass privileges may be revoked if you fail to pick up or cancel reserved passes. To cancel a reservation, click on [ My Passes ] or call the library at 508-485-5031 (If the day you are cancelling is the same day you have the pass reserved, then you can only cancel by calling the library).
Last updated May 10th, 2013.